- 1/4 cup SuperSeedz Maple Sugar & Sea Salt
- 1 egg (or flax egg: 1 tablespoon ground flax seed mixed with 3 tablespoons warm water)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup cow’s milk or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons apple sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter or imitation butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup buckwheat flour
- Mix together the lemon juice and milk in a bowl and set that aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the buckwheat and then whisk in the egg and milk mixture. Next whisk in the buckwheat flour.
- Spray a pan with cooking spray, then heat a pan over medium heat. Pour batter into the pan, making small circles of batter. Cook for about 2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Place the pancakes on plates and sprinkle on top with SuperSeedz and additional maple syrup to taste.